- December 8 – Christmas Program at the VA Theater
P1, P2, P3 @ 6:00 pm; E1, E2, E3, E4 @ 6:30 pm
- December 11-15 2nd Quarter Testing/Spirit Week
- Monday – Neon Day
- Tuesday – Christmas Sweater/Shirt Day
- Wednesday – Christmas Character Day
- Thursday – Wear Gold for Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Friday – Pajama Day
- December 22 – Classroom Christmas Party / Book Exchange
- NO SCHOOL December 25 – January 1st (Christmas Vacation)
Christmas Vacation Tuition Reminder:
As a friendly reminder, tuition is due whether students are in attendance or not including the weeks we are closed for vacation. To explain this further; the owner, Karla, takes the number of days Kennedy Academy is closed from the yearly tuition and divides it by 52 weeks to get the weekly tuition. This keeps costs lower for families throughout the year and eliminates confusion about when tuition is due and the amount due.
Since our last day for class is on Friday, December 22nd for the 2017 year, and we do not return until Tuesday, January 2nd, we are reminding parents that tuition that is paid on the 22nd of December will be recorded for your 2017 daycare expense. Any tuition paid after we return on January 2, 2018, will be recorded for your 2018 daycare expense for taxes.
We understand how hard it is to make payments in advance; however, please understand that payment is due the week we are closed for 12/25-12/29. This needs to be paid before your child can return to school on 1/2/18. In order to reduce your chance of being on the No Pay/No Pay upon return from Christmas vacation, we do encourage you to pay in advance before the facility closes for Christmas vacation.
If you are an ACH payer, the payments will be withdrawn as normal. If you pay with cash or money order; or you are unable to pay in advance, please understand that your child cannot return to Kennedy Academy until payment is received in full at drop off on January 2, 2018. If you have any questions about how much will be needed for tuition, please ask prior to the close of business on Friday, December 22nd.
Breakfast count ends at exactly 7:15 am.
Lunch count ends at exactly 8:30 am.
Key cards must be used to enter the building.
Students must be signed in and out daily on their classroom forms.
We have a keyless entry system in place to provide a layer of protection for all students and staff. We ask that ALL parents or family members that pick up or drop off children have a key card available to use in order to reduce the number of times that a staff member has to open the door for people. There are multiple reasons for this:
1) Teachers cannot leave their students unattended even for a minute to run and open the door. This interrupts class time when they have to line up their students and go to the door to open it.
2) It becomes almost second nature to open the door to anyone that is knocking because we have to do it so frequently every day and never know anymore if it’s someone picking up or dropping off.
The level of caution is greatly reduced because of the frequency of knockers. If we know that all parents/family members have key cards and there is no reason for people to knock on the door, then we are more cautious and aware that those knocking are visitors.
3) Other parents are so used to people not having key cards that they are just allowing others to walk in with them without knowing if they are or are not to be in the school.
4) It defeats the purpose of the system.
From this point forward, any family that knocks frequently, will be provided a card and have the $10 deposit charged to their account. The money will be due with the next tuition payment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
FIND US ON THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL MEDIA:
Remind App: To receive updates sent straight to your phone, such as school closings, upcoming events, and important reminders, text @ka1976 to 81010. You can opt-out at any time by replying, ‘unsubscribe @ka1976’.
Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/KennedyAcademy
Follow Us on Twitter: kennedyacademy1
Parent Email: Please make sure Ms. Kandice has your email address to receive important reminders, parent newsletters, parent letters, and other such items. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Add to Parent Email.