- January 1st- NO SCHOOL (Happy New Year)
- January 12th- Kansas Connections Lesson (TSCPL)- Kansas Symbols
- January 15th – Martin Luther King Jr Holiday – School is in session! (Calendar misprint)
- January 17th- Adventuremobile 2:45pm
- January 18th & 19th – Free Eye Exams
- January 24th- Boomer 9:30am
- January 29th- Kansas’ Birthday
- January 31st- Adventuremobile 2:45pm
Student of the Month: Ameya G.
Show and Tell:
- January 5- A Fairy Tale
- January 12- Free Choice
- January 19- Something “Kansas”
- January 26- Free Choice
- Fairy Tales- We will be reading fairy tales and talking about the difference between fiction and non-fiction stories. We will be learning about how stories get passed down year after year and because of books we are able to read stories that were told years ago.
- Black History- We are going to be learning about famous men and women of history that helped to change laws so that all people could the same rights. We will be learning about MLK and Rosa Parks and other people who helped the fight for equality.
- Kansas- We are going to be learning about the Kansas symbols, such as the state bird and insect. We are going to be learning where Kansas is on a map. We will also discuss what Kansas is well known for- wheat, farming, and sunflowers.
- Machines/Magnets- We will be playing with magnets as well as learning about machines and how they work to make our lives easier. We will be learning about simple machines and their uses.
We are going to really focus on handwriting as we start the new year. The students will be learning to write sentences and use their spelling skills. We will continue to expand on their spelling and sight words. They will also be using their skills to start reading more.
We will continue working on our math skills in our workbooks. We are also going to be practicing our skills at doing “fast math.” Each student will do as many addition problems as they can in two minutes. We will start with adding zero and then move on from there with adding one, adding two and so on. The goal is to be able to begin adding quicker.