STUDENT OF THE MONTH: Julian
Important dates to remember:
- March 5th – 9th: 3rd Quarter Testing
- SPIRIT WEEK:
- Monday: Crazy Hair Day
- Tuesday: Pattern Day – wear all kinds of patterns
- Wednesday: Blast from the Past – dress from any era
- Thursday: Camo Day
- Friday: Pajama Day
- March 16th: NO SCHOOL (Parent/Teacher Conferences) 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- March 19th – 20th: NO SCHOOL (Spring Break)
- March 27: Boomer Bear
- March 30th: St. Jude’s Trike-a-thon Event – more information to follow
3/2- Dr. Seuss related
3/9- Free Choice
3-16- No School
3/23- Space Related
3/30- Free Choice
2/26-3/2 – Dr. Seuss
3/5-3/9 – Dr. Seuss/3rd Quarter Testing
3/12-3/16 – St. Patricks Day
3/19-3/23 – Solar System
3/26-3/30 – Trike-a-thon/Easter
Language Arts :
2/26-3/2 – B,b
3/5-3/9 – Review
3/12-3/16 – U,u
3/19-3/23 – Identifying letters in our name
3/26-3/30 – Q,q
2/26-3/2 – Reviewing numbers 0-70
3/5-3/9 – 3rd Quarter Testing
3/12-3/16 – Counting 0-100 and activities
3/19-3/23 – Money Review
3/26-3/30 – Prediction
This month we will be learning about Dr, Seuss, St. Patrick’s Day, the Solar System and Easter. We also will be having our Trike-a-thon at the end of this month. We will be doing different daily activities, and art to help us learn more about each weekly subject. We are going to continue practicing writing our names and cutting out different pictures.
STUDENT OF THE MONTH: Damoni
- Butter Braid Fundraiser Feb 1st – 15th – please remember that we do not accept checks, so payments should be made with cash or money orders only.
- February 14th – Valentine’s Day Classroom Parties – Check with your child’s classroom teacher to see about party plans
- February 16th – NO SCHOOL (Teacher In-Service)
- Boomer Bear – 2/20
- Adventure Mobile – 2/14 and 2/28
- 1/29-2/2 – Machines/Magnets
- 2/5-2/9 – Valentines Day
- 2/12-2/16 – Animals
- 2/19-2/23 – Animals
- 2/2 – Something that begins with the letter O
- 2/9 – Free Choice
- 2/16 – An Animal
- 2/23 – Something that begins with the letter F
Language Arts – This month we will be learning the letters O, L and F and the sounds they make. Monday we will do a coloring activity of the weekly letter, Tuesday we will do Animated Alphabet, Wednesday will be tracing worksheets, and Thursday will be a letter review activity. We will also practice writing our names every day. I have some fun games for this month to help us recognize the letters and sounds.
1/29-2/2 – O,o
2/5-2/9 – Review all the letters we have learned
2/12-2/16 – L,l
2/19-2/23 – F,f
Math – This month we will be working on sorting and grouping and reviewing our shapes. We will also be working on and recognizing numbers from 0-70. We have been having a lot of fun with the activities and games we have been playing to practice our numbers.
Science/Social Studies – We will be learning all about different types of machines and magnets, do fun crafts for Valentines Day and spend two weeks learning all about different types of animals and doing fun activities and art.
STUDENT OF THE MONTH: Marcus
- NO SCHOOL January 1st (Happy New Year)
- January 15th – Martin Luther King Jr Holiday – School is in session! (Calendar misprint)
- January 18th & 19th – Free Eye Exams
- 1/2-1/5 – Fairy Tales/Folk Tales
- 1/8-1/12 – Black History Month
- 1/15-1/19 – Kansas
- 1/22-1/26 – Kansas
- 1/5 – Fairy Tale Book
- 1/12- Free Choice
- 1/19 – Something Kansas Related
- 1/26 – Something that begins with the letter G
Language Arts – This month we will be learning the letters Rr, Mm, Dd, and Gg and the sounds they make. Monday we will do a coloring activity of the weekly letter, Tuesday we will do Animated Alphabet, Wednesday will be tracing worksheets, and Thursday will be a letter review activity. We will also practice writing our names every day. I have some fun games for this month to help us recognize the letters and sounds.
1/8-1/12 – M,m
1/15-1/19 – D,d
1/22-1/26 – G,g
Math – This month we will be working on counting from 0-50 and practicing writing the numbers. We will also be reviewing money and number relationships. I have a few games and activities planned for this month!!
Science/Social Studies – We are still working on respecting others space and property and being nice to each other. I have seen. We will also be working on our color mixing and which colors to mix to get other colors.
Boomer Bear – 1/23
Adventure Mobile – 1/17 and 1/31
Student of the Month: Hunter
Important Dates To Remember:
- December 8- Christmas Program 6:30pm (please make sure your children are there by 6:15pm). We have been practicing our Christmas Program very hard every day and can not wait to perform it for you!
- December 11-15 2nd Quarter Testing/Spirit Week
- Monday – Neon Day
- Tuesday – Christmas Sweater/Shirt Day
- Wednesday – Christmas Character Day
- Thursday – Wear Gold for Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Friday – Pajama Day
- December 22 – Classroom Christmas Party / Book Exchange
- December 25 to January 1 – Christmas Break (No School)
- 12/4-12/8 – Dinosaurs
- 12/11-12/15 – 2nd Quarter Testing
- 12/18-12/22 – Christmas
- 12/1 – Dinosaur
- 12/8- Something beginning with an H
- 12/15 – Something beginning with an R
- 12/22 – Christmas Related
Language Arts – This month we will be learning the letters Hh and Rr and the sounds they make. Monday we will do some kind of coloring of the weekly letter, Tuesday we will do Animated Alphabet. Wednesday will be Tracing/Worksheets and Thursday will be some type of review of the letter. We will also be practicing writing our names every day. We will also be reviewing our letters before testing week.
12/11-12/15 – Review/ 2nd Quarter Testing
12/18-12/22 – Rr
Math – This month we will be working on learning weight, temperature, and length. We will be reviewing our numbers 0-40 and our shapes.
Science/Social Studies – We are still working on being nice to one another while in centers and during free play. We have made a vast improvement on sharing with one another! We will also be learning all about Dinosaurs and the joy of Christmas. We will have a lot of fun decorating our classroom for the holiday!!
Important Dates To Remember:
- 11/23 and 11/24: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
- 10/30-11/3- Cultural Diversity
- 11/6-11/10- Family
- 11/13-11/17- Thanksgiving
- 11/20-11/24- Thanksgiving
- 11/27-12/1- Dinosaurs
Student of the Month: Maryah
Language Arts: This month we will be going over the letters, C, K, E. The last week of November is a short week, so we will review that week. Every Monday we will be introduced to the letter; Tuesday we will trace the letter; Wednesday we will write the letter; Thursday we will review the letter sound.
MATH: This month we will be working on: Money, counting #’s 30-40. We will also be learning about weight and temperature. We will do different activities to discuss these subjects.
SCIENCE: This month we will be learning about cultural diversity, family and the meaning of Thanksgiving.
SOCIAL STUDIES: We are continuing to learn to share our toys with our friends and not throwing them and picking up before we move to a new area. They are doing much better, but it is still something we will continue to work on. We will also be working out rules and manners, and keeping our hands to our self.
- Oct.9- Oct. 13- Testing Week
- Monday: Inside Out Day – Wear your clothes inside out
- Tuesday: Dress Like an Animal Day
- Wednesday: Crazy Sock Day
- Thursday: Superhero/Villain Day
- Friday: Pajama Day
- Oct.16- No School (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Oct. 27- Halloween Festival
- 10/2 – 10/6- Community Helpers
- 10/9 – 10/13- 1st Quarter Testing/ Community Helpers
- 10/16-10/20- Communication/ Transportation
- 10/23 – 10/27 – Halloween
Student of the Month: William
- Free Choice, 6th
- Something Fall related, 13th
- Something Halloween related, 20th
- Halloween Festival: NO SHOW-N-TELL, 27th
This month we will be introducing and working on learning the letters: P, I,N. Monday we introduce the letter, Tuesday we do our animated alphabet, Wednesday we trace the letter and Thursday we do some kind of review.
Math: This month we will be focusing a lot on learning patterns. We will also be learning and doing different activities working with #’s: 11-20.
Science/Social Studies: This month we will be learning all about Community Helpers and what they do for us and our community. We will also be learning about Transportation and the different types and what they are and what they can do for us. The last week of October we will be doing all kinds of fun activities and art to celebrate Halloween.
- September 4: NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
- September 20: Preschool & Sibling Pics 8a-11a
- September 21: Elementary Pics 8a-11a
Student of the Month: Kyree
Sep 1- FREE Choice
Sep 8-Something you can smell, touch, taste, see or hear
Sep 15- Something that begins with S
Sep 22- Something Blue
Sep 29: FREE Choice
Language Arts: We are starting with the letter T,t the last week of August. We will start each week with one letter. Monday we will do some kind of coloring of the weekly letter, Tuesday we will do Animated Alphabet. Wednesday will be Tracing/Worksheets and Thursday will be some type of review of the letter.
9/4-9/8- A, a
9/25-9/29- Review of T, A, S
Science/ Social Studies: This month we will be learning about The Human Body, our 5 senses, and will spend two weeks on Nutrition. Each week we will discuss and do art activities that go with the weekly theme.
Math: Each week we will spend the week learning a new concept. The first week in September we will be working with numbers 0-5. The second week we will spend learning about numbers 6-10. The last two weeks of September we will spend reviewing our numbers 0-10 and learning Patterns.
Reminders: Please check your child’s cubby EVERY DAY. Important information, payment receipts, no-pay/no-stays along with any work from your child’s day goes into their cubbies. They are important to check every day.
Show-N-Tell is every FRIDAY. Please do NOT bring any kind of toy on any other day. On Show-n-Tell days your child is only allowed to bring ONE toy.
Important Dates To Remember:
8/4 NO SCHOOL- MEET & GREET 12-2pm
8/7-8/11- Placement Testing
7/30-8/4-Transition from Summer Program
14-18-Rules & Manners
21-25-All About Me
Summer: We are finishing up our Summer curriculum. We have learned about different kinds of fruit and vegetables. We have been working so hard learning our food groups and what foods go into each groups.
The new school year is approaching quickly, we will be transitioning into a brand new year!
Science/Social Studies: The first two weeks we will be learning all about rules and manners. New friends will learn rules for the school, and how to use our manners. The last week of August we will be learning all about ourselves, and our friends. This will help new friends get to know each other, and let them share about themselves.
Language Arts: The first two weeks of the school year we will be doing different activities to help review over our big and little letters, and our sounds.
Math: We will also be doing different types of activities to help review our numbers, shapes, and colors.
Please take a moment and download the Remind app. There is a code to add Kennedy Academy to get important news and reminders from Ms. Kandice. E1, has our own class on the Remind app as well. This is the best way to get in contact with me about anything you need or have questions about. Text: @e1class to 81010 to automatically be added to our class.
Folders: Each student has a red folder in their designated cubby. These folders have a calendar on the back. Please check them daily for info about your child’s day.
- NO SCHOOL: July 3 – July 7 for Summer Vacation
- 7/13, 7/20, 7/27: Fire Department Visits Kennedy Academy
- 7/14, 7/21, 7/28: Icecream Fridays
- 7/18: Boomer Bear
- 7/24: Topeka Zoo Presentation at Kennedy Academy
- 7/28: Water Slide & Pizza Party
NO Show-N-Tell for JULY!
July 12 will be our first Water Day! E1 will have water days every Wednesday throughout the summer. Please bring your child’s suit and towel in a labeled bag with their name on MONDAY morning. They will be kept at school all week and taken home to wash on FRIDAYS.
Students will participate in circle time each day, along with tracing and/or writing activities. When there are not scheduled special activities, the students will participate in the Garden and Fitness activities as outlined by the grant we received from the food program for the summer. Each week we will learn about a certain fruit or vegetable. We will be doing different types of fun activities for this food program.
Please take the time to add our class to the Remind App. This is a great way to communicate with me, and receive updates for our class. To add E1 class enter: 81010 and text: @e1class on your phone. This quickly adds you to our class!
18th– Fathers Day
19–22– 4th Quarter Testing
- Monday– Career Day
- Tuesday– Sports Team Day
- Wednesday– Luau Day
- Thursday– Red, White, and Blue Day
20th– Boomer Visits
23rd– NO SCHOOL
- ALL SCHOOL Picnic 10:00am-12:00pm at Shelter House #2 Shawnee Lake
- Graduation- 3:00pm at the VA Theater
Important Reminder: Please bring a bottle of sunscreen, labeled with their name for your child if you have not already. Also, students are able to bring a water bottle to keep in the classroom.
- Nursery Rhymes
- Father’s Day
- 4th Quarter Testing/Graduation
- 2nd-Nursery Rhyme
- 9th-Free Choice
- 16th-Pic of Dad
- 23-NO SCHOOL
- 30th-Free Choice
We are finishing up our math workbooks this month. We have worked hard all year long on them! We are also learning to count by 10’s this month.
We are continuing to review our capitol and lowercase letters, and our letter sounds.
This month we are going to be doing a lot of summer activities. We are going to be planting our plants, playing outside and doing lots of nutritional activities.
We are going to be learning about sports and circuses as well.
We are going to be discussing our dad’s this month. We will be talking about why we love our dads and how special they are.
I have enjoyed my first school year at Kennedy Academy so much and I am so proud of each and every student in my class this year! Great job, E1!
Have a great month and happy summer!