- April 17: Preschool & Sibling Pics
- April 18: Elementary & Graduation Pics
- April 27: NO SCHOOL (Teacher In-Service)
Breakfast count ends at exactly 7:15 am.
Lunch count ends at exactly 8:30 am.
Key cards must be used to enter the building.
Students must be signed in and out daily on their classroom forms.
We have a keyless entry system in place to provide a layer of protection for all students and staff. We ask that ALL parents or family members that pick up or drop off children have a key card available to use in order to reduce the number of times that a staff member has to open the door for people. There are multiple reasons for this:
1) Teachers cannot leave their students unattended even for a minute to run and open the door. This interrupts class time when they have to line up their students and go to the door to open it.
2) It becomes almost second nature to open the door to anyone that is knocking because we have to do it so frequently every day and never know anymore if it’s someone picking up or dropping off.
The level of caution is greatly reduced because of the frequency of knockers. If we know that all parents/family members have key cards and there is no reason for people to knock on the door, then we are more cautious and aware that those knocking are visitors.
3) Other parents are so used to people not having key cards that they are just allowing others to walk in with them without knowing if they are or are not to be in the school.
4) It defeats the purpose of the system.
From this point forward, any family that knocks frequently, will be provided a card and have the $10 deposit charged to their account. The money will be due with the next tuition payment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
FIND US ON THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL MEDIA:
Remind App: To receive updates sent straight to your phone, such as school closings, upcoming events, and important reminders, text @ka1976 to 81010. You can opt-out at any time by replying, ‘unsubscribe @ka1976’.
Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195338417895406/
Follow Us on Twitter: kennedyacademy1
Parent Email: Please make sure Ms. Kandice has your email address to receive important reminders, parent newsletters, parent letters, and other such items. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Add to Parent Email.