- June 4 – 8: 4th Quarter Testing
- Monday: Career Day
- Tuesday: Sports Team Day
- Wednesday: Luau Day
- Thursday: Red, White, & Blue Day
- Friday: PJ Day, Slushies & Popcorn
- June 6: Fire Safety Demonstration
- June 12: EMT Demonstration
- June 13: Fire Safety Demonstration, Part 2
- June 20: Fire Safety Demonstration, Part 3
- June 22: NO SCHOOL (All School Picnic & Graduation)
- June 25: Pop, Top, & Read
- June 27: Final Fire Safety Demonstration
Splash Day begins at the end of June – please see your child’s teacher for more information.
SUNSCREEN: Please remember to send your child to school with an application of sunscreen on. We will reapply it after naptime. Thank you!
Information about the Picnic & Graduation:
The school will be closed on Friday, June 22, 2018. All students of Kennedy Academy are invited to attend the All-School gathering from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. at Lake Shawnee located at the Yacht Club. You are welcome to bring a sack lunch and drink if you would like. Please remember that the teachers are there to celebrate the end of the year as well. Parents must be present for children attending.
Students that are graduating from preschool or Kindergarten and their families are invited to attend the Graduation ceremony at 3:00 pm. Even if your child is attending the Kennedy Academy Kindergarten program, they will graduate with their preschool friends. The graduation will be held on June 22nd at 3:00 pm at the VA Theater located at 21st and Gage. Take the 21st street entrance to the VA and merge left, then take the first right. The entrance has a small maroon awning. Parking can be limited. We ask that the children get there no later than 2:45 pm to prepare for the ceremony!
Breakfast count ends at exactly 7:15 am.
Lunch count ends at exactly 8:30 am.
Key cards must be used to enter the building.
Students must be signed in and out daily on their classroom forms.
We have a keyless entry system in place to provide a layer of protection for all students and staff. We ask that ALL parents or family members that pick up or drop off children have a key card available to use in order to reduce the number of times that a staff member has to open the door for people. There are multiple reasons for this:
1) Teachers cannot leave their students unattended even for a minute to run and open the door. This interrupts class time when they have to line up their students and go to the door to open it.
2) It becomes almost second nature to open the door to anyone that is knocking because we have to do it so frequently every day and never know anymore if it’s someone picking up or dropping off.
The level of caution is greatly reduced because of the frequency of knockers. If we know that all parents/family members have key cards and there is no reason for people to knock on the door, then we are more cautious and aware that those knocking are visitors.
3) Other parents are so used to people not having key cards that they are just allowing others to walk in with them without knowing if they are or are not to be in the school.
4) It defeats the purpose of the system.
From this point forward, any family that knocks frequently, will be provided a card and have the $10 deposit charged to their account. The money will be due with the next tuition payment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
FIND US ON THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL MEDIA:
Remind App: To receive updates sent straight to your phone, such as school closings, upcoming events, and important reminders, text @ka1976 to 81010. You can opt-out at any time by replying, ‘unsubscribe @ka1976’.
Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195338417895406/
Follow Us on Twitter: kennedyacademy1
Parent Email: Please make sure Ms. Kandice has your email address to receive important reminders, parent newsletters, parent letters, and other such items. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Add to Parent Email.